Head of Business Systems
Salary: Competitive basic + package
Ref Number: ESAZ-33274
Parkinson Lee Executive Search are the retained partner to Omega Plc in the appointment of a Head of Business Systems to lead their in-house IT function.
Omega PLC are a UK based manufacturer of high quality fitted kitchens, supplying kitchens through a network of retail partners and the contractor trade market. Omega employs 350 people across the business and celebrated a record turnover for 2022, reflecting a remarkable annual growth of 22%. Omega offers a truly nationwide end-to-end service covering design, manufacture, installation and after care.
Omega have invested heavily into their systems and processes in recent years and are now looking to recruit a Head of Business Systems, who will join the Senior Leadership Team, and be responsible for overseeing all IT functions and related activities across the business whilst taking leading major projects across the group.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will lead the team comprising of systems development and programming, project management, infrastructure and support. As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will be tasked with collectively driving forward the wider business strategy and ensuring that all systems, processes and data provide a platform to support the growth plans and improvement in profitability.
- Take the lead role in developing and delivering a detailed I.T. strategy to support the overall business strategy
- Ensure that I.T. and other business systems and processes are robust and flexible, and are scalable to support business growth
- Oversee the I.T. infrastructure and ensure consistent with business requirements
- Analyse the requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and provide appropriate solutions, improving employee communication tools and engagement
- I.T. reporting and analytics to facilitate real-time information / KPIs to support business needs
- Lead and develop the internal I.T. team and drive ownership and accountability
- Develop external support structures to complement the internal I.T. team and provide additional skills and resources when required
- Manage the key relationship with the SAP VAR and all related project activity
- Demonstrate a clear return on investment for all I.T. projects, together with taking an active role in business-wide projects, ensuring fully planned and scoped
- Lead a cross-functional I.T. Steering Committee
- Control of the I.T. budget and delivery of efficiencies and improvements
- Maintain a Business Continuity Plan covering all aspects of the business
- Drive formal accreditation of business systems and processes
- Manage I.T. related risks, with a particular focus on cyber threats and security
For this appointment we are seeking a strong technical background, with knowledge of manufacturing and commercial processes, SAP and its integration with other systems. You will be a natural leader able to demonstrate transformation within an I.T. function. You will be able to communicate with staff at all levels and quickly able to gain buy-in from the wider business.
- All all-round I.T. professional with proven experience in a Head of Business Systems or Head of I.T. role
- A track record of setting and delivering strategies to support business growth
- Ability to drive change across all functions within an organisation, improving automation, efficiency and functionality
- Ability to quickly understand complex data and inter-dependencies.
- Strong technical skills, with knowledge of SAP and Analytics and integration with other manufacturing systems
- Excellent organisational, leadership and decision-making skills, with a demonstrable record of delivering as part of a senior team
- Strong project management skills, evidenced by roll-out of significant projects
- Experience of end to end systems development
- Strong communication and motivational skills, able to communicate and influence at all levels
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Professional I.T. or similar qualification
This is a fantastic opportunity for the Head of Business Systems to develop this role within a highly reputable brand focused on their next stage of expansion.
To attract the right talent, my client is willing to pay a competitive salary and benefits package.Apply