Head of Purchasing
Ref Number: ESLB-36905
Parkinson Lee Executive Search are pleased to announce their retained partnership, with Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems, in the search and selection for a new ‘Head of Purchasing’, a key position for the business. Reporting directly into the CEO, you will be responsible for a team of 4 and have full accountability across all areas of Purchasing. Areas include but are not limited to: Purchasing Projects; Supplier Selection incl. Development and assessment; Rationalisation; Reviews; Benchmarking; Negotiations through to Approvals for the business.
Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems engineers the most advanced integrated piping systems for the distribution and control of liquids and gases for key verticals, like industrial, utilities, commercial and residential. They offer fully integrated piping systems in valve, connection, fastening and piping technology and are at the forefront of innovation. Founded in 1975 Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems, formally known as Pegler are now a multibillion turnover organisation with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
A key part of this role is the ability to build, maintain and develop relationships across all areas of the Group and external suppliers. You will lead all projects; from evaluating; benchmarking and sourcing suppliers, reviewing all aspects of supplier shortages; price changes and risk ensuring commercial recommendations are considered and the best in line with company objectives. You will then go on to develop a supplier and product strategy, initiating a full proof contingency plan to secure future sourcing projects and strategic weaknesses. You will be responsible for initiating and implementing improvements across all procurement systems.
This Head of Purchasing Duties & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Relationship management: Internal departments incl. Group; Projects and External suppliers
– Management: Manage a team of four in the delivery of procurement projects and a spend of c£80m
– People Management: Outline KPIs for your team; report and track progress; conduct appraisals; support ongoing training and development
– Project Management: Evaluate, benchmark, make sourcing and commercial recommendations as noted above detailing supply chain risks; price changes and supply shortages
– Systems: Reviewing the procurement systems in place; initiate and make recommendations for change / improvement
– Procurement: Support all areas where required and procure products for the business as and when required
– Strategy: Curation through to execution as detailed above, highlighting all product and supplier strategic weaknesses
We are keen to speak with individuals that meet the following skills and experience:
– You will be degree qualified with work experience in a multi-site / manufacturing environment or strong technical background with an ability to read and interpret drawings
– Highly desired sector experience: FMCG environment across the following: Health, Safety & Environment. Manufacturing / logistics processes
– Strategic thinker, analytically strong with experience in budgets, forecasting and problem solving
– Demonstrable experience operating at both detailed and strategic level
– Commercially astute; driven with a creative approach
– Motivated with a desire for continuous improvement and techniques
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop both team and business function
– Flexible approach with the ability to travel within the UK and Europe, if / when required
– IT Literate with Microsoft packages
For a confidential discussion about this appointment please contact Lee Bhandal at Parkinson Lee on , or alternatively apply online