Non-Executive Director – Audit Chair
Salary: Up to gbp17500 per annum
Ref Number: ESLB-35346
Parkinson Lee Executive Search are the retained partner to a long standing and well-respected Yorkshire Based, Financial Services Organisation in appointment of a NED – Audit Chair.
After a successful nine-year term with the organisation, the current Chair of Audit will be stepping down in 2022 and as a result there is now the need to appoint a successor, for an initial term of 3 years.
The Audit Committee is the key assurance committee of the board, and our client is looking to appoint an individual who is:
• Qualified or skilled in financial accounting with deep experience of financial controls and systems of risk management
• Suitably qualified within Finance & Audit, or experienced in the audit chair role with first class interpersonal skills and sound knowledge of board governance
• Skilled in chairing complex meetings effectively
• Experienced in the management of risk and complex risk management
• Experienced within the financial services regulated environment and have previously held approved person status. That said we will consider NED’s with Audit Chair experience that either live within or have an affinity with the Yorkshire Region.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to build positive working relationships with our auditors, and other stakeholders and partners
• Able to absorb significant amounts of financial and statistical information in order to reach sound judgements
• Curious and willing to learn
Skills and experience are of course important, but so is organisational cultural fit, and as such we are looking for candidates who:
• Have a genuine interest in the importance of the mutual organisations and their wider social purpose
• Are able to contribute constructively to board discussions across the organisation’s broad agenda
• Bring deep experience in their sector, which may not exclusively be in financial services
• Can demonstrate a natural ability to think strategically, think independently and demonstrate integrity.
• Understand the role of the non-executive director, in particular, in respect of providing both challenge and support to an executive team to drive the performance of the organisation
• Are stimulated by a fast-moving environment, understand the need for change and recognise the crucial role of technology
• Share our client’s ambition to create a sustainable future for their business
This is a highly influential and rewarding appointment. For a confidential discussion about this appointment please contact Lee Bhandal, Parkinson Lee at , or alternatively apply online.