Parkinson | Lee is a part of Elevation Recruitment Limited (“Parkinson Lee”, “Elevation Recruitment”, “We”, “Us”) which is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients, prospective employers and work-seekers.
We must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that we can provide these services – in doing so, we act as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to us directly, such as within an application, registration form or via our website, OR we may collect your personal details from another source such as a job board or professional networking site you have registered with or utilised during your job search whether recently or in line with the job boards data retention policy’s. We must have a legal basis for processing your personal data.
For the purposes of providing you with our work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you, we will only use your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. At all times we will comply with current data protection laws.
1. Collection and use of personal data
1.1. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Parkinson Lee may collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with our work-finding services.
This will include for example;
- contacting you about job opportunities
- assessing your suitability for those opportunities
- updating our databases
- putting you forward for job opportunities
- arranging payments to you, and;
- developing, and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients
We may also send you marketing information and news via email/text. You can opt-out of receiving these at any time by replying “unsubscribe” when you receive these communications from us.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
1 The legal bases we rely upon to offer these work finding services to you are:
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- Your consent
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
1.2. Legitimate interest
Where Parkinson Lee has a legitimate reason to process your data provided, we will ensure that it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where Parkinson Lee has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Providing work-finding services to you and our clients;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it;
- Giving you information about products or services similar to those that you have used from us recently;
- To grow our business and inform our marketing strategies;
- To keep our records updated and to study how our Website is used; and
- To administer and protect our business and web presence (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting).
1.3. Recipient/s of your data
Parkinson Lee will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with prospective employers and any of the following recipients:
- Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to)
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
1.4. Statutory/contractual requirement
Parkinson Lee, as an recruitment business has certain legal and contractual requirements to collect personal data (e.g. to comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, immigration and tax legislation, and in some circumstances safeguarding requirements.) Our clients may also require this personal data, and/or we may need your data to enter into a contract with you. If you do not give us personal data we need to collect we may not be able to fulfil our contractual requirements or, in extreme cases, may not be able to provide our work finding services.
2. Information that may be collected, which has not been supplied by you (the data subject): Categories of data:
Parkinson Lee may have collected the following personal data on you:
Personal data: (Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- Contact details
- Employment history
- Place of work
- Immigration Status (whether you have the relevant Right to Work within the UK)
- Current position
- A copy of your Passport/Identity Card
- Driving License
- Date of birth/age
- Nationality/Citizenship/Place of birth
- Bank details
- Education details
- Emergency contacts
- Employment history
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Marital status
Sensitive personal data: (Please note that this list is not exhaustive)
- Diversity information, including racial or ethnic origin, religious or other similar beliefs, and physical or mental health, including disability-related information.
- Details of any criminal convictions, if you have disclosed this to us and if you are required to disclose this to us as a requirement for a role that you are interested in applying for.
- Details about your current remuneration, pensions and benefit arrangements.
- Supplementary information related to the type of job you are searching for, salary band, location etc.
- Information on your interests and needs regarding future employment, both collected directly and inferred for example from jobs viewed or articles read on our website.
- Extra information that your referee chooses to tell us about you.
- Extra information that we learn about you from third party sources.
Source of the personal data:
Parkinson Lee may have sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data by the following means (Please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- From a job board that you have registered with or utilised during your job search whether recently or in line with the job boards data retention policy’s
- From a Professional Networking Site
- Where it is publicly available
- Where your details have been referred to us by a colleague/former colleague or acquaintance
- A referee whose details you previously provided to us
3. Overseas Transfers
Parkinson Lee may transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. (The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.)
4. Data Retention
Parkinson Lee will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. If we have not had meaningful contact with you (or, where appropriate, the company you are working for or with) for a period of 5 years, we will delete your personal data from our systems unless we believe in good faith that the law or other regulation requires us to preserve it (for example, because of our obligations to tax authorities or in connection with any anticipated litigation).
Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep workseeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provided you with workfinding services.
If you have completed any temporary or paid assignments through us. we must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal/sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with the above. Upon expiry of that period we will contact you. Where your further consent is not granted, we will cease to process your personal data/ sensitive personal data.
5. Your Rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data that Parkinson Lee processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data that Parkinson Lee holds/processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to us processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be circumstances where Parkinson Lee will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that Parkinson Lee processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
We may obtain data about you from cookies. These are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies also enable us to deliver more personalised content.
We use the following types of cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website. This helps us to improve the way it works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(c) Targeting and remarketing cookies from third-party advertising networks
These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. You can learn more about this type of cookie below.
We use the following Targeting cookies:
- LinkedIn Pixel
- Facebook Pixel Remarketing Cookies
You may notice that sometimes, after visiting a website, you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. That’s because the website you visited has placed a cookie on your web browser. Using that cookie and web analytic tools, the website owner will be able to show you adverts on third-party websites that they
think you might be interested in. This cookie does not give access to your computer or mobile device but may be able to identify you from your IP address.
Our Website uses Google Analytics to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited us as they browse other websites. This enables us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. You may see Parkinson Lee in search results pages (using Google Adwords), on YouTube, in banner adverts on Gmail and on the Google Display Network.
We use Google Analytics to provide insight into how our website is used. Google Analytics collects first-party cookies, data related to the device/browser, IP address and on-site/app activities to measure and report statistics about user interactions on our websites that use Google Analytics.
Any data collected will be used in accordance with our own privacy notice and Google’s privacy notice. Please note that Google may keep this data for up to two years but will remove part of your IP address after 9 months and the cookie information after 18 months. If you do not wish to see ads, you can:
Opting Out of Cookies
You can refuse to accept some or all cookies by modifying settings within your browser. For guidance on how to do this visit https://www.aboutcookies.org. However, if you block strictly necessary cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
If you wish to opt out of remarketing cookies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-out Page.
7. Log Files
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
8. Links to External Websites
Parkinson Lee’s website may contain links to other external websites. Please be aware that Parkinson Lee is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. When you leave our site we encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Parkinson Lee’s website.
9. Sale of Business
If Parkinson Lee is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
10. Data Security
Parkinson Lee takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. These security measures include; firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access, passwords and many more.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, consultants, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to your information.
Parkinson Lee uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email and the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason the we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email/ the
If you share a device with others we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when that option is offered.
If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can email email@example.com
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement from time to time. When we do, we will post a notification on the main page of our website and we will also revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal
data we hold.
12. Complaints or Queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org initially. You can also contact us on 01709 723 248.
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK or if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.